Deluxe Macaroni Dinner
"This recipe never results in leftovers," says Michele Odstrcilek. The Lemont, Illinois reader dresses up a boxed mac-and-cheese mix with ground beef, onion and broccoli.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 cups water
- 1 package (14 ounces) deluxe four-cheese macaroni and cheese dinner
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for 5
- minutes. Add broccoli; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until macaroni and
- broccoli are tender.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Place contents of cheese
- sauce mix in saucepan. Stir in the macaroni mixture, beef mixture
- and reserved liquid; heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 300 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 512 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.