Deluxe Macaroni 'n' Cheese Recipe
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- Paprika, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, egg, salt, garlic salt and pepper. Add cheddar cheese; mix well. Add macaroni and stir until coated.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 255 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 492 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.