Deluxe Macaroni 'n' Cheese
Our six grandchildren, who don't think a meal is complete without macaroni and cheese, love this creamy version featuring cheddar and cottage cheese.—Bertha Johnson, Indianapolis, Indiana
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- Paprika, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, egg, salt,
- garlic salt and pepper. Add cheddar cheese; mix well. Add macaroni
- and stir until coated.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with
- paprika if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 255 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 492 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.