Our six grandchildren, who don't think a meal is complete without macaroni and cheese, love this creamy version featuring cheddar and cottage cheese.—Bertha Johnson, Indianapolis, Indiana
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- Paprika, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, egg, salt, garlic salt and pepper. Add cheddar cheese; mix well. Add macaroni and stir until coated.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Deluxe Macaroni 'n' Cheese in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p6
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Deluxe Macaroni 'n' Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review