Deluxe Ham Omelet Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, cream, chives, garlic salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 2. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon the ham, green pepper, tomato and mushrooms over one side; on one side and sprinkle with cheeses; fold other side over filling. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Yield: 1-2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 303 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 356 mg cholesterol, 1,080 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.