Deluxe Ham Balls Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, bread crumbs and onion. Crumble ham and pork over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the pineapple, brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and ginger. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over ham balls.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 469 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 1,610 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.