Deluxe Corn Muffins Recipe
These tender corn muffins are the cream of the crop! Tender and moist, the muffins get a pleasing hint of sweetness from the easy homemade honey butter. —Angela Lively Baxter, Tennessee
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup whole kernel corn
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, egg yolk, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in corn.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat butter and honey until blended. Serve with muffins. Yield: 1 dozen (1/2 cup butter).
1 muffin with 2 teaspoons butter equals 256 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC