- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup whole kernel corn
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, egg yolk, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in corn.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat butter and honey until blended. Serve with muffins. Yield: 1 dozen (1/2 cup butter).
Reviews for Deluxe Corn Muffins
"Very very bland. Left bad taste in mouth . Threw out the rest of the batch"
"These were just OK. I reduced the time since my oven tends to run hot and they were still a little dry. They also don't hold up well as leftovers. I wound up throwing it away. I've found better, more moist corn bread before so I will stick with those recipes."
"These were good not sure they were the best we've had."
"I based my muffins on this recipe, but used yogurt instead of buttermilk (because it's what I had) and fresh corn cut from the cob. They came out quite good.I will make them again -- probably with buttermilk, just for ease of mixing!"
"I made this to go with some home made chili and they are wonderful. I actually forgot to add the whole kernel corn, and it was still wonderful!"
"very good...honey butter makes themyummy!"
"These are the best corn muffins I've ever tasted! And the honey butter is a great treat!~ Theresa"
"YUM YUM YUM These muffins were DELICIOUS!!! (with the honey butter!!"
"I made these delicious moist muffins and they were a huge hit! So good with the honey butter. My husband loved them!"