- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup whole kernel corn
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, egg yolk, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in corn.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat butter and honey until blended. Serve with muffins. Yield: 1 dozen (1/2 cup butter).
Reviews for Deluxe Corn Muffins
"These were just OK. I reduced the time since my oven tends to run hot and they were still a little dry. They also don't hold up well as leftovers. I wound up throwing it away. I've found better, more moist corn bread before so I will stick with those recipes."
"These were good not sure they were the best we've had."
"I based my muffins on this recipe, but used yogurt instead of buttermilk (because it's what I had) and fresh corn cut from the cob. They came out quite good.I will make them again -- probably with buttermilk, just for ease of mixing!"
"Our family really enjoyed these corn muffins. They had a great taste and were easy to make. They were just a touch crumbly but worked perfect with our vegetable soup. We didn't make the honey butter - but I don't really think you can go wrong with it :)"
"I made this to go with some home made chili and they are wonderful. I actually forgot to add the whole kernel corn, and it was still wonderful!"