Deluxe Chocolate Pudding
Make instant pudding special in no time with this rapid recipe from Audrey Thibodeau of Mesa, Arizona. Creamy servings get a little zip from almond or rum extract, richness from sour cream and a pleasant crunch from pecans.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or rum extract
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, optional
- 4 Diamond of California Pecan Halves, optional
- In a bowl, combine milk, pudding mix, sour cream and extract. Whisk
- until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in pecans if
- desired. Spoon into four bowls. Top with pecan halves if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with fat-free milk, instant sugar-free pudding and reduced-fat sour cream and without pecans) equals 140 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 369 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.