Deluxe Chocolate Marshmallow Bars Recipe
I'd have to say that I've been asked to share this chocolaty layered her recipe more than any other in my collection. It's a longtime favorite of our three daughters. How many times we've all made these, I can't count. — Esther Shank, Harrisonville, Virginia
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- 2. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts if desired. Spread in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with marshmallows; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until melted. Place pan on a wire rack. Using a knife dipped in water, spread marshmallows evenly over the top. Cool completely.
- 4. For topping, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in Rice Krispies. Spread over bars immediately. Chill until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 194 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC