Deluxe Chip Cheesecake Recipe
My husband and I love cheesecake. Once, when we were asked to make a dessert for a "traveling basket" for our church, we prepared this luscious layered treat. It looked so good, we couldn't bear to give it away. We ended up contributing another sweet treat instead! —Kari Gollup Madison, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling YIELD:12-14 servings
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup butterscotch chips, melted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 tablespoon each butterscotch, semisweet chocolate and vanilla or white chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, confectioners' sugar, cocoa and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the sour cream, flour, vanilla and salt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Remove 1-1/2 cups batter to a bowl; stir in butterscotch chips.
- 3. Pour over crust. Add chocolate chips to another 1-1/2 cups batter; carefully spoon over butterscotch layer. Stir vanilla chips into remaining batter; spoon over chocolate layer.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool for 1 hour.
- 5. For topping, place each flavor of chips and 1/2 teaspoon shortening in three small microwave-safe bowls. Microwave on high for 25 seconds; stir. Heat in 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over cheesecake. Chill for at least 3 hours. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 479 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC