Deluxe Chili con Carne Recipe
My husband and I are retired with grown children, so it's nice to have a chili recipe that makes a small amount. Mushrooms make this chili stand out from any other varieties I've tried.—Anne Elsby, Chilliwack, British Columbia
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper, onion and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, beans, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thick and bubbly. Add mushrooms; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 327 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,575 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC