Deluxe Chili con Carne
My husband and I are retired with grown children, so it's nice to have a chili recipe that makes a small amount. Mushrooms make this chili stand out from any other varieties I've tried.Anne Elsby, Chilliwack, British Columbia
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, halved
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper, onion and garlic over
- medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the soup,
- beans, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thick and
- bubbly. Add mushrooms; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer. Yield: 4
If you don't have fresh mushrooms on hand, you can use two 4-1/2 ounce cans of whole mushrooms (drained) in Deluxe Chili Con Carne.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 327 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,575 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 28 g protein.