- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, halved
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, green pepper, onion and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, beans, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thick and bubbly. Add mushrooms; cover and simmer 15 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Deluxe Chili con Carne
Sort By :
"The best for Nacho's and good for hot dogs"
"This chili was excellent! I may decide to add corn to it and maybe use closer to 5 teaspoons of chili powder rather than 4.5. If you're looking for something spicey, this isn't it. We had this in bread bowls with some shredded cheese and absolutely loved it! Other than adding some corn and chili powder I may double the recipe because this was just enough for the two of us for one meal."