Kathleen Vashro perks up ground beef with tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, chopped onion and Parmesan and cheddar cheeses. "We love to grill these flavorful burgers in the summer and broil them in the winter," says the Corcoran, Minnesota reader.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until
- a thermometer reads 160° and meat is no longer pink. Top each
- burger with a cheese slice. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until the
- cheese begins to melt. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.