Kathleen Vashro perks up ground beef with tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, chopped onion and Parmesan and cheddar cheeses. "We love to grill these flavorful burgers in the summer and broil them in the winter," says the Corcoran, Minnesota reader.
- 1 egg
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and meat is no longer pink. Top each burger with a cheese slice. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until the cheese begins to melt. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Deluxe Cheeseburgers in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p65
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Deluxe Cheeseburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review