- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 6 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salad croutons
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dill pickle slices
- Thousand Island salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine beef and steak seasoning, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twenty 1/2-in.-thick patties. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
In a large bowl, combine lettuce, burgers, cheese, croutons, tomato, onion and pickles. Serve with salad dressing.
Freeze option: Place patties on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet; wrap and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, cook frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer to read 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad
"Great taste! I used romaine lettuce, served the dressing on the side, and skipped the croutons and served it in pita bread. Will definitely make this again. Makes a great lunch! Make ahead keeping the burger separate and microwave it before adding it to the salad."
"This was a very good salad and my husband liked it as well. Bonus: I had tossed the entire recipe in the dressing but there was only 2 of us - it makes generous single servings for 4 but we still had quite a bit left. Not wanting it to go to waste, I fridged it all in a glass container - aside from being a smidge soft and the croutons being soggy of course, it was actually very tasty for a left-over already-dressed salad!! So don't throw away leftovers!!!!!"
"Very different spin on a cheeseburger recipe. My family thought it was pretty good."
"Really good! Even the kids liked it!"