Deluxe Brownies Recipe
From the very first time I mixed up these doubly rich treats, my family was hooked. They're so fast and easy, I make them often for family gatherings and church potlucks.—Debbie Heine, Great Falls, Montana
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and milk; cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in chips and marshmallows until melted. Chill until mixture reaches room temperature. In a large bowl, beat until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Spread over brownies. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
One brownie equals 265 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC