From the very first time I mixed up these doubly rich treats, my family was hooked. They're so fast and easy, I make them often for family gatherings and church potlucks.—Debbie Heine, Great Falls, Montana
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and milk; cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in chips and marshmallows until melted. Chill until mixture reaches room temperature. In a large bowl, beat until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Spread over brownies. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Deluxe Brownies in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p14
Reviews for Deluxe Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2010
"This is the best brownie recipe I've ever tried. I usually save it for the holidays."