Deluxe Breakfast Bake Recipe
My husband and three sons love this rich and creamy egg bake because it is so filling. I like it because it's very versatile (you can alter the ingredients) and it can be prepared ahead of time. —LaVonne Hegland, St. Michael, Minnesota
- 1 package (6 ounces) onion and garlic salad croutons
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups milk, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place croutons in a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and ham. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, 2-1/4 cups milk and mustard; pour over ham and cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Combine soup and remaining milk until blended; spread over casserole. Top with hash browns; sprinkle with paprika and pepper.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center come out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 290 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 748 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC