Deluxe Breakfast Bake Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) onion and garlic salad croutons
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2-3/4 cups milk, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place croutons in a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and ham. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, 2-1/4 cups milk and mustard; pour over ham and cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Combine soup and remaining milk until blended; spread over casserole. Top with hash browns; sprinkle with paprika and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center come out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Deluxe Breakfast Bake(5)
Sort By :
Very tasty as is. No way this could be "soupy" unless using the recipe wasn't followed properly. I like just a touch of 'hot' so added cayenne to the hashbrowns and it gave some good color and spice. Good recipe.
Not enough eggs to give it an eggy taste. The soup just made it soupy, it didn't blend well with the hashbrowns or make anything particularly creamy. I'm game for anything new and interesting, and I love the cheesy potato casseroles made with cream-of-soups, but this just wasn't very good. Out of 5 of us, only 1 liked it. Otherwise I'd have rated it a 4.
VERY good. I used seasoned crouton as onion and garlic no longer exist; I used reduced fat cheddar; 95% lean diced ham; 25% reduced sodium soup; and about 1/2 the amount of potatoes called for. I had cubed hash browns in the freezer and shredded would end up crispier or, the potatoes could be eliminated. I changed the serving to (8 to) 10 because this would never serve 12 people.
Makes a great dinner, serve with asparagus and carrots and a salad,
I took this as a brunch dish for Bible Study. Everyone loved it! It was very tasty and very creamy. Did I mention delicious???
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >