Deluxe Bacon Burgers Recipe
I CREATED this recipe and won a red ribbon for it in a 1976 cookbook contest. It's like meat loaf in a bun, so it's very hearty. Sometimes I'll serve it with gravy and without the bun. When I prepared this for dinner, I always felt my family was well fed. -Bernadine Dirmeyer, Harpster, Ohio
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 cup mashed potato flakes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 8 lettuce leaves, optional
- 8 hamburger buns, split, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix gently. Shape into eight patties. Wrap a bacon strip around each patty; secure with toothpicks.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook burgers until meat is no longer pink and bacon is crisp. Remove toothpicks. Serve on lettuce-lined buns if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 412 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 554mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Deluxe Bacon Burgers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC