Deluxe Bacon Burgers Recipe
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 cup mashed potato flakes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 bacon strips
- 8 lettuce leaves, optional
- 8 hamburger buns, split, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix gently. Shape into eight patties. Wrap a bacon strip around each patty; secure with toothpicks.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook burgers until meat is no longer pink and bacon is crisp. Remove toothpicks. Serve on lettuce-lined buns if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 412 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 554 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Deluxe Bacon Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.