Delmonico Potatoes Recipe
- 9 medium potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 pounds shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Drain and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 2. Peel potatoes and coarsely shred. In a saucepan, heat the milk, cream, salt, mustard, pepper and nutmeg over medium heat until bubbles form around side of pan. Reduce heat; add cheese, stirring until melted.
- 3. Place potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over potatoes. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1/2 cup: 282 calories, 19g fat (14g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Delmonico Potatoes
"Quite tasty, although you have to be ready for a very think, filling meal. This is not light, but it is yummy."
"use 2# package of frozen hash brown potaoes,thawed"