Delmonico Potatoes Recipe
- 9 medium potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 pounds shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Drain and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 2. Peel potatoes and coarsely shred. In a saucepan, heat the milk, cream, salt, mustard, pepper and nutmeg over medium heat until bubbles form around side of pan. Reduce heat; add cheese, stirring until melted.
- 3. Place potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over potatoes. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1/2 cup: 282 calories, 19g fat (14g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein .
Reviews for Delmonico Potatoes
"Quite tasty, although you have to be ready for a very think, filling meal. This is not light, but it is yummy."
"use 2# package of frozen hash brown potaoes,thawed"