- 9 medium potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 pounds shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Drain and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Peel potatoes and coarsely shred. In a saucepan, heat the milk, cream, salt, mustard, pepper and nutmeg over medium heat until bubbles form around side of pan. Reduce heat; add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Place potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over potatoes. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Delmonico Potatoes in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p46
Reviews for Delmonico Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 4, 2012
"Quite tasty, although you have to be ready for a very think, filling meal. This is not light, but it is yummy."
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2009
"use 2# package of frozen hash brown potaoes,thawed"