Delish Pesto Pasta with Chicken Marsala Recipe
This is my easy, go-to chicken and pasta recipe that’s ready in less than 30 minutes and fabulous on a weeknight. —Lorraine Fina Stevenski, Land O Lakes, Florida
- 4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 envelope creamy pesto sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink; remove from the pan. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken; remove from the pan.
- 2. Add garlic and lemon peel to the same pan; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add wine and lemon juice, stirring to loosen browned bits from the pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the cheese, milk and sauce mix. Add chicken; cook until sauce is slightly thickened.
- 3. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to combine.
- 4. Sprinkle with herbs. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC