Delightful Strawberry Dessert Recipe
My area is known for its strawberries, so I prepare this delicious and easy treat often. It always gets raves and prompts recipe requests.—Lynne Wilhelm, West Hill, Ontario
- 3 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1 cup sugar and cream of tartar, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in crumbs, coconut and pecans. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. In a bowl, beat cream, gelatin and remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in strawberries; pour into shell. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Delightful Strawberry Dessert
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC