- 3 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1 cup sugar and cream of tartar, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in crumbs, coconut and pecans. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. In a bowl, beat cream, gelatin and remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in strawberries; pour into shell. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Delightful Strawberry Dessert in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p45
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Delightful Strawberry Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >