- thirds; shape each portion into a 20-in. rope. Place ropes on a
- large baking sheet coated with cooking spray; braid. Pinch ends
- together, forming a round loaf. Cover and let rise until doubled,
- about 40 minutes.
- Beat egg and water; brush over loaf. Sprinkle with sugar and almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to
- a wire rack.
- Yield: 1 loaf (24 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 147 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.