Delightful Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (16 ounces) acini di pepe pasta
- 3 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Gradually stir in pineapple juice. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in lemon juice.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool to room temperature without stirring. Cover surface of dressing with waxed paper; refrigerate until cooled.
- 3. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a very large bowl; stir in the oranges, pineapple, marshmallows, coconut and dressing. Fold in whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 24 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 234 calories, 4g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Delightful Fruit Salad
"So delicious! Substituted more marshmallows for the coconut...may have used more than 2 cups!!"
"This recipe is a wonderful change of pace to fruit salad!! We have to have it at all family gatherings now!"
"This is amazing. Everytime mom makes it we fight over the whole bowl"