Delightful Deviled Eggs
Put leftover Easter eggs to good use with these appealing deviled eggs from Kelly Alaniz of Eureka, California. The subtle flavors of mustard and onion make them a family-favorite in Kelly’s house.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a
- small bowl, mash yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, onion, relish,
- mustard, salt, pepper flakes and pepper.
- Pipe or spoon into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 2 egg halves equals 114 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 214 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.