Delightful Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Dash salt and pepper
- Assorted crackers, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, onion, celery, bouillon, garlic and pepper; add water to cover by 1 in. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Drain, reserving the onion, celery and garlic. Shred chicken and place in a bowl; add reserved onion mixture.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cilantro, onion, salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken mixture; gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with crackers if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium bouillon and fat-free mayonnaise; calculated without crackers) equals 170 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 1,137 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.