Delightful Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 ounces)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Dash salt and pepper
- Assorted crackers, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, onion, celery, bouillon, garlic and pepper; add water to cover by 1 in. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Drain, reserving the onion, celery and garlic. Shred chicken and place in a bowl; add reserved onion mixture.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cilantro, onion, salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken mixture; gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with crackers if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup: 170 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 1137mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Delightful Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.