Delightful Brownies Recipe
How does Pamela Raybon of Edna, Texas create a moist fudgy brownie with less fat? Her secret is using baby food as a fat substitute. Even you most devoted brownie fan will had a hard time telling that this is a trimmed-down version.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 egg whites
- 1 jar (4 ounces) prune baby food
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a bowl, beat butter and egg whites until blended. Beat in baby food and vanilla. Combine the sugar, flour, pudding mix, baking powder and salt; add to the egg mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Spread into an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
One brownie equals 176 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC