Delightful Apple-Pineapple Drink
Chase winter doldrums and chills with this warm and tangy fruit drink that will appeal to both kids and adults. Not overly sweet, it has a nice touch of nutmeg and cinnamon. —Nancy Johnson, Laverne, Oklahoma
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Additional cinnamon sticks (3 inches), optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the juices, honey, cinnamon sticks and
- nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30
- minutes or until flavors are blended. Discard cinnamon. Serve warm
- in mugs with additional cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 8
- servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 142 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.