Chase winter doldrums and chills with this warm and tangy fruit drink that will appeal to both kids and adults. Not overly sweet, it has a nice touch of nutmeg and cinnamon. —Nancy Johnson, Laverne, Oklahoma
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Additional cinnamon sticks (3 inches), optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the juices, honey, cinnamon sticks and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until flavors are blended. Discard cinnamon. Serve warm in mugs with additional cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Delightful Apple-Pineapple Drink in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p21
Reviews for Delightful Apple-Pineapple Drink
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review