- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 5 medium)
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, toss apples with apple butter. Combine the flour, sugar, pie spice and cinnamon; add to apple mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, pie spice and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add walnuts; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Delightful Apple Pie
"One of the best apple pies I've had!"
"When I started to make this I realized I didn't have apple butter so I made my own version. I took butter, cinnamon, apple spice and maple syrup and used that instead. It was awesome"
"I was looking for a new apple pie recipe and found this one. My bosses wife said this was the best apple pie she has eaten yet. I made them for a bake sale this past weekend and they were a huge hit. Very tasty. I think that tgis is my new favorite apple pie"
"Delicious!! I've made it three times already.... it goes in the cookbook!! Thanks for sharing!"
"Love Love Love this recipe! I am making it again for the 3rd time!"
"I have tried a lot of apple pie recipes, and so far this is my favorite! My husband spotted this recipe in the magazine and asked me to try it - I'm so glad I did. I made my own pie crust and used homemade apple butter. I just finished another slice...YUM!!"