Delicious Tomato Pie
How about pie for dinner? This savory staple is a wonderful way to accentuate summer's abundance of tomatoes from the garden or farm stand. —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds tomatoes (5 large), cut into 1/2-inch slices, seeded
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place half of the tomatoes in pastry shell. Top with onions and
- remaining tomatoes. Sprinkle with the basil, salt and pepper.
- Combine mayonnaise and cheddar cheese; spread over tomatoes, leaving
- 1-1/2 in. around the edge. Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 222 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.