- 1-1/4 pounds tomatoes (5 large), cut into 1/2-inch slices, seeded
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place half of the tomatoes in pastry shell. Top with onions and remaining tomatoes. Sprinkle with the basil, salt and pepper. Combine mayonnaise and cheddar cheese; spread over tomatoes, leaving 1-1/2 in. around the edge. Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until tomatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Delicious Tomato Pie
"Used for a brunch. Well received."
"This was a huge hit at our house. I added a layer of cooked chicken between the tomato layers to make it heartier, and also used a cornmeal crust. Excellent!"
"This pie is a summertime favorite! I use regular beefsteak tomatoes from our garden and they work just fine. It fills your mouth with flavor with every bite and is so good that we eat it once a week during tomato season."
"This is so good! I will plan make on very often! I followed the recipe as written & it was delicous!"
"Simply amazing. It is easy to put together and once you follow the first recipe, you can adapt it to your taste and seasonings."
"Will definately be making this again! I only had yello onions in so used them, and I did not add bacon- heavy hand on the parmesan-- came out delicious- I could have eaten the whole pie myself. thank you"
"I liked this as a change of pace. I did not bake my crust long enough so was a bit soggy. The flavor was good."
"I made this recipe tonight for my supper & just had to come back & post a review. It is delicious. I also had never tasted a tomato pie before, but you can be sure I will be tasting this one again & again. I followed the recipe word for word except for doubling up on the bacon. Thankyou Edie DeSpain for sharing this recipe with us, & thankyou Taste of Home for EMailing it to me. Excellent supper."