Delicious Stuffed Baked Apples Recipe
Baked apples are always a welcome sight at the dinner table on frigid fall evenings. This dressed-up version also features raisins, cranberries and apricots. —Glenda Ardoin, Hessmer, Louisiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + standing Bake: 1 hour YIELD:4 servings
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2-1/4 cups cranberry-apple juice
- 1/3 cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 4 large Golden Delicious apples
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the raisins, cranberries and apricots. In a small saucepan, bring juice and concentrate to a boil. Pour over dried fruit; let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Core apples, leaving bottoms intact. Peel the top third of each apple; place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 3. Drain fruit mixture, reserving juice. Stir brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon allspice into fruit; spoon into apples. Drizzle with butter. Pour 3/4 cup reserved juice around apples.
- 4. Cover and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring remaining reserved juice and allspice to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Serve with baked apples. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 533 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 112 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC