Delicious Pumpkin Bread Recipe
An enticing aroma wafts through my house when this tender cake-like pumpkin bread is in the oven. I bake extra loaves to give as holiday gifts. My friends wait eagerly for it every year. —Linda Burnett, Prescott, Arizona
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add oil and pumpkin; beat until smooth. Combine remaining ingredients; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture.
- 2. Pour batter into five greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 5 mini loaves (8 slices each).
1 slice equals 150 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC