Delicious Potato Doughnuts Recipe
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6-1/2 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- FAST FUDGE FROSTING:
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, sugar, buttermilk and eggs. Stir in the butter, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and enough of the flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; pat out to 3/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. floured doughnut cutter.
- 2. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry the doughnuts for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Place on paper towels.
- 3. For frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the water, butter and vanilla. Dip tops of warm doughnuts in frosting. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 doughnut equals 226 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Delicious Potato Doughnuts
"FAST FUDGE FROSTING RECIPE!!"
"how much nutmeg?"