Delicious Oven Barbecued Chicken Recipe
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken over medium heat. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Recoat skillet with cooking spray; cook onion over medium heat until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Pour over chicken.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 241 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 563mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 4 lean meat
Reviews for Delicious Oven Barbecued Chicken
"My family liked this recipe. It had a good flavor and I will use it again."
"This is really delicious, especially with a side of cheesy potatoes."
"We loved it. My mom makes a similar one and I really liked how the cooked onions tasted in it. I may try to cover the chicken in the oven, at least for part of the time, as it got rather dried out, though! But we all liked it!"
"This is definitely a winner. Have made it often and everyone loves it including me!"