- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken over medium heat. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Recoat skillet with cooking spray. Add onion; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°, 35-45 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forDelicious Oven Barbecued Chicken
"Such a delicious and excellent recipe. I love the sauce I have also used it on other meats and fish, it's become one of my favorites. I also used chicken thighs in place of breasts. Thx Marge it's a keeper!"
"Very easy , economical and tasty! The sauce is a very good blend of sweet and tangy!"
"Excellent! I used a whole large chicken cut into pieces so l had a nice variety of meat. It was good cold too. Janet VFE"
"Wonderfully easy and so delicious!! Everyone loved the sauce and will probably use it on some pulled pork we have as well. Great recipe and one we will make again and again!"
"Such a delicious and easy recipe to make ! I used bone in chicken thighs in place of the breast, so very versatile also!"
"Move over Memphis! This sauce is king. To be honest I was a tad hesitant because my family is not wild for vinegar sauces, so I didn't use the full amount. Everything else was done according to the recipe- sauce-wise. Since the only chicken I had in the house were chicken tenders, I used them. I just didn't have to cook them as long.Submitted by a Volunteer Taste of Home Food Editor"