A friend made this moist chicken for us when we had our first child. I pared down the recipe to make it lower in fat and calories. It is now a family favorite, and even the kids ask for it. —Marge Wagner of Roselle, Illinois
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken over medium heat. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Recoat skillet with cooking spray; cook onion over medium heat until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Oven Barbecued Chicken in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p29
Reviews for Delicious Oven Barbecued Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review