- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken over medium heat. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Recoat skillet with cooking spray. Add onion; cook and stir over medium heat until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°, 45-55 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Delicious Oven Barbecued Chicken
"My family liked this recipe. It had a good flavor and I will use it again."
"This is really delicious, especially with a side of cheesy potatoes."
"We loved it. My mom makes a similar one and I really liked how the cooked onions tasted in it. I may try to cover the chicken in the oven, at least for part of the time, as it got rather dried out, though! But we all liked it!"
"This is definitely a winner. Have made it often and everyone loves it including me!"