Delicious Orange Chicken Recipe
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (7 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium navel orange, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine butter, garlic, basil, salt and pepper; drizzle over chicken. Arrange onion and orange slices on top. Bake, uncovered, 50 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, orange juice and soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Drain chicken; brush with orange juice mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 255 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Delicious Orange Chicken
"This is an easy and elegant dish. I used boneless chicken breasts so reduced the cooking time to 25 minutes before the sauce and 15 minutes after."
"I think maybe I did something wrong. It was bad. not much orange taste"
"My husband and I like spicy food, so I added a tablespoon of finely diced jalapeno peppers to the sauce... fantastic!"
"It really does taste like Orange. I use boneless breasts though and I also prefer to use Low-sodium soy sauce. The best thing about this recipe is that it looks like more work than it is. It is very easy and super flavorful. LOVE it."
"Not only did this recipe bring the flavor of the orange through out the chicken, but the gravy was amazing I even had great reviews from the children who loved the additional orange slices with their dinner!"
"This is wonderful! even the chicken without the orange sauce is excellent. I will say though that if you are planning to make the sauce ahead of time you will need more liquid because if it sits it becomes almost jelly like. Perfect consistency to brush over chicken if you use immediately after making sauce. This also has an asian flavor to it so it would work well with fried rice or another asian side dish!"
"This is the BEST chicken recipe I have ever made! My husband even loved it, shared it with coworkers who asked for the recipe. Very easy to make & the chicken was very flavorful & tender. Thank you"
"This is the BEST chicken recipe I have ever tried! My husband doesn't even like chicken & he loved it. I shared with family & friends, they all wanted the recipe. Very easy to make & the chicken was very flavorful & moist. My husband even told coworkers about it! Thank you."
"If you use Skinless/Boneless Breasts it only tales 30 minutes and reduces the fat too."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.