Delicious Orange Chicken Recipe
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (7 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium navel orange, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine butter, garlic, basil, salt and pepper; drizzle over chicken. Arrange onion and orange slices on top. Bake, uncovered, 50 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, orange juice and soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Drain chicken; brush with orange juice mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 255 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 757 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.