Orange slices add a refreshing twist to tender, juicy baked chicken-a wonderful meal for company. The appealing glaze coats the poultry with tangy sweetness.
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (7 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium navel orange, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine butter, garlic, basil, salt and pepper; drizzle over chicken. Arrange onion and orange slices on top. Bake, uncovered, 50 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, orange juice and soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain chicken; brush with orange juice mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Delicious Orange Chicken in Country Woman February/March 2008, p30
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Delicious Orange Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review