- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (7 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium navel orange, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place chicken in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine butter, garlic, basil, salt and pepper; drizzle over chicken. Arrange onion and orange slices on top. Bake, uncovered, 50 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, orange juice and soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain chicken; brush with orange juice mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Delicious Orange Chicken
Sort By :
"This is an easy and elegant dish. I used boneless chicken breasts so reduced the cooking time to 25 minutes before the sauce and 15 minutes after."
"I think maybe I did something wrong. It was bad. not much orange taste"
"My husband and I like spicy food, so I added a tablespoon of finely diced jalapeno peppers to the sauce... fantastic!"
"It really does taste like Orange. I use boneless breasts though and I also prefer to use Low-sodium soy sauce. The best thing about this recipe is that it looks like more work than it is. It is very easy and super flavorful. LOVE it."
"Not only did this recipe bring the flavor of the orange through out the chicken, but the gravy was amazing I even had great reviews from the children who loved the additional orange slices with their dinner!"