Delicious Maple Flan Recipe
Here's a deliciously different spin on traditional flan that's also quick and easy to prepare. Its smooth, creamy texture simply melts in your mouth.—Ruby Thomas, Gurnee, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1. Pour syrup into an ungreased 10-in. round baking dish, tilting to coat the bottom of dish; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, condensed milk and evaporated milk. Slowly pour into prepared dish. Place dish in a large baking pan. Add 1 in. hot water to large baking pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove flan to a wire rack; cool for 1 hour. Chill overnight.
- 4. Carefully run a knife around edge to loosen; invert onto a rimmed serving platter. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 195 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC