Delicious Ice Cream Dessert Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream (in rectangular package)
- FUDGE TOPPING:
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, pecans and butter. Press half of the mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- 2. Remove ice cream from package; cut into slices and place over crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- 3. For topping, combine the sugar, cocoa and flour in a small saucepan; stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in butter. Serve over dessert. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece equals 407 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.