Delicious Ice Cream Dessert Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream (in rectangular package)
- FUDGE TOPPING:
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, pecans and butter. Press half of the mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- 2. Remove ice cream from package; cut into slices and place over crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- 3. For topping, combine the sugar, cocoa and flour in a small saucepan; stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in butter. Serve over dessert. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 407 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Delicious Ice Cream Dessert
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.