Delicious Ice Cream Dessert Recipe
We appreciate a cool, creamy dessert like this in summer. It stays fresh in the freezer for one week. Top with the fudgy sauce before serving. — Mrs. Earl Brewer, Jackson, Mississippi
- 1 package (11 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- FUDGE TOPPING:
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. Combine wafer crumbs, pecans and butter. Press half of mixture into a 13x9-in. dish. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- 2. Remove softened ice cream from package; spread over crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Freeze, covered, for at least 4 hours.
- 3. For topping, combine sugar, cocoa and flour in a small saucepan; stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in butter. Serve over dessert. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 407 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Delicious Ice Cream Dessert
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC