We appreciate a cool creamy dessert like this in summer. It stays fresh in the freezer for one week. Top with the fudgy sauce before serving. — Mrs. Earl Brewer, Jackson, Mississippi
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream (in rectangular package)
- FUDGE TOPPING:
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, pecans and butter. Press half of the mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove ice cream from package; cut into slices and place over crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- For topping, combine the sugar, cocoa and flour in a small saucepan; stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in butter. Serve over dessert. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Delicious Ice Cream Dessert in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p216
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Delicious Ice Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review