Delicious Corn Pudding
Corn has been a staple for generations in my family. This comforting dish from my grandma was a part of our meals for years and shared at gatherings. I hope to one day pass this recipe onto my granddaughter.P Marchesi, Rocky Point, Long Island, New York
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash each ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup milk
- In a bowl, beat yolks until lemon-colored, 5-8 minutes. Add the
- butter, sugars, salt, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Add
- corn. Stir in cream and milk. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on
- high speed until stiff; fold into yolk mixture.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil during the last 10 minutes
- of baking if top browns too quickly. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 179 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.