Delicious Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Dressing up a dish of ice cream is especially easy with this sauce from subscriber Dorothy Anderson of Ottawa, Kansas. It mixes together in a matter of minutes! The sauce serves another purpose, too, according to Dorothy. "One batch yields so much, I have plenty extra to pour into pint jars and give out as gifts," she explains.—Dorothy Anderson, Ottawa, Kansas
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate; stir in sugar and salt. Gradually stir in milk.
- Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in vanilla. Serve warm or at room temperature (sauce will thicken as it cools). Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Delicious Chocolate Sauce in Country Woman July/August 1995, p43
Reviews for Delicious Chocolate Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review