Dressing up a dish of ice cream is especially easy with this sauce. It mixes together in a matter of minutes! The sauce serves another purpose, too. One batch yields so much, I have plenty extra to pour into pint jars and give out as gifts. —Dorothy Anderson, Ottawa, Kansas
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat; stir in sugar and salt. Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm or at room temperature (sauce will thicken upon cooling). Store, covered, in refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Delicious Chocolate Sauce in Country Woman July/August 1995, p43
Reviews for Delicious Chocolate Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2015
"Really liked this on vanilla ice cream"