Delicious Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Dressing up a dish of ice cream is especially easy with this sauce. It mixes together in a matter of minutes! The sauce serves another purpose, too. One batch yields so much, I have plenty extra to pour into pint jars and give out as gifts. —Dorothy Anderson, Ottawa, Kansas
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat; stir in sugar and salt. Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- 2. Serve warm or at room temperature (sauce will thicken upon cooling). Store, covered, in refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
2 tablespoon: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Delicious Chocolate Sauce
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2015
"Really liked this on vanilla ice cream"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC