Delicious Chocolate Sauce
Dressing up a dish of ice cream is especially easy with this sauce from subscriber Dorothy Anderson of Ottawa, Kansas. It mixes together in a matter of minutes! The sauce serves another purpose, too, according to Dorothy. "One batch yields so much, I have plenty extra to pour into pint jars and give out as gifts," she explains.—Dorothy Anderson, Ottawa, Kansas
32 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate; stir in sugar and
- salt. Gradually stir in milk.
- Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in
- vanilla. Serve warm or at room temperature (sauce will thicken as it
- cools). Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 4 cups.