- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat; stir in sugar and salt. Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm or at room temperature (sauce will thicken upon cooling). Store, covered, in refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Delicious Chocolate Sauce in Country Woman July/August 1995, p43
Reviews for Delicious Chocolate Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2015
"Really liked this on vanilla ice cream"